The Preparation for My Mission Around the World 2006-2009

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Initial Oppositions

We had a shrine service last Sunday and the message was on "Here am I, send me." Mike, the preacher, mentioned one thing that I can relate well. That is when we respond to the call, our path isn't going to be full of roses.

I've been getting many encouragements as well as some oppositions. I haven't been able to get a hold of the disciples in Turkey or those who've come back from there. I want instant contact, but sometimes things can take awhile and my patience is being tested.

My mom doesn't sound too thrill about my decision to travel the world neither. As much as I want to please my mom, I have to follow God's call. Here's another classic example of an ugly duckling syndrome. I'm just not like any daughter she knows who deligently works and plans on getting married. Please don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just not like them. When I broke the news of my plan to her, I can hear the disappointment in her voice. She probably thought "my daughter is nuts!" But God's plans are oftentimes beyond our imagination--better in every way. Let's just say that things are starting to take shape, but slowly. I need lots of patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home