The Preparation for My Mission Around the World 2006-2009

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Calling/ The Plan

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines the steps." ~the Bible.

I know that living out one's dreams can be scarry. We are afraid of failures and rejections. Those fears inevitably got ingrained in us one way or another. Otherwise, God wouldn't keep encouraging his people over and over again to "not be afraid." So I've decided to chase after my dreams, and if I don't make it, then I know that I've tried. If I get to turn 30 and still be alive, I don't want to regret not living out my dreams as a single in my late twenties.

Here are my tentative plans:

July-- Coping with the post graduate syndrome. Start my blogs. Move out of my current resident, the rent is $450/month, to sleep on either Ignacia or Pat's couch for a month and a half at $50/week. Sell my long board and donate my stuff. Traveling light is the name of the game. Make sure to get my tax return and give tithe appropriately. Swim in the ocean a lot and surf to my heart's content. The singles retreat at the end of the month...yeah!

August--Sleep on a couch. And work full-time, saving up for my trip. Swim, surf, kayak and do all the California things before my departure.

September--Work for the first two weeks, saving up some more. Try to sell my car and

--Mid or late September, depart for Thailand (I just found out about the mission team recently sent to my parent's area)
--September 28 is my mom's 60th birthday

October --hang around Thailand and prepare for my departure to Cambodia

November --hopefully I'll get there by November to volunteer at the Hospital

December --Continue to volunteer/teach English in Cambodia. Work on my documentary

--End of December, come back to Thailand for a week or two, preparing for my departure to Turkey

January07 --Arriving in Turkey and begin teaching English

Jan-Oct 07--Teaching English in Turkey. Help out the church. During this time, I hope to visit Rwanda and Somolia. I need prayers on this one, that I'll come back in tact.

Nov- June 08 --I hope to be in a Spanish speaking country to brush up on my Spanish before returning to the US. Panama is still at the top of my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home