The Preparation for My Mission Around the World 2006-2009

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Threshold Guardians

According to this book on how to write a myth-based novel, the threshold guardians are the ones who tell the hero/ine not to go on the journey. Many of my friends and family show concerns about my decision to go on a pilgrimage/journey, but a particular person stood out...

A "friend," who supposedly shares the same faith as me, opposed my decision to follow my dream. I'm not so sure about the reason behind the "concerns." Regardless, this person is unhappy with my plan and started to point out all the negative things. S/he shall remain nameless. But I want to include this incident in my journal to encourage those of you who decide to follow your dreams that you'll encounter the threshold guardians/"Border Bullies" who will oppose your decision. They aren't really giving sound advice. If so, they would be my Guide or the Wise One. This person spent a lot of energy criticizing my endeavor. What I've learned is that when you decide to follow your dreams, it will stir things deep in people's hearts. Oftentimes, it will disturb their Comfort Zone. Some will be encouraged and try to pursue their own dreams; others will be jealous and try to stop you because they, themselves, are afraid to do it and don't want you to realize your dreams, or they simply want you to only cling on to the Comfort Zone just like them. Only those who have pursued their dreams learn to ignore the threshold guardians although they are characters in a hero/ine's journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home