The Preparation for My Mission Around the World 2006-2009

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Guide/A Passion

Last Sunday, I visited the AMS service and, interestingly, the messagae was about using your talents. I finally met Lance Tracy. His documentary of the church in Mexico in 2003 inspired my documetary on Cambodia, which took me 3 years to start the editing process and 3 days to finish. The raw footage was done in 2003, but between then and the editing process in Febuary of 2006, I had to save up for a computer, take an editing class, and wait for the right inspiration to complete the job. I'm very proud to have finished and hope to be doing more in the future. A piece that I really want to do is on Rwanda. If it's God's will for me to visit the country during my journey, it'd be really cool. God seems to give me a passion especially for war-torn countries and ones that had gone through a genocide. Something so tragic, so horrific really draws me toward it. In the mean time, Lance suggested that I should video tape the churches and put them up on my site or submit them to Roger Lamb on Disciples Today as a way to use my talent to advance the kingdom. I don't even know what's going to come about as a result. Pray for me. Will see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home