The Preparation for My Mission Around the World 2006-2009

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Turkish Connection

Here's an update on Turkey since my last entry on July 12, 2006:

Well, I was complaining back then of how I didn't hear back from anyone soon enough. I couldn't see how God was going to work things out and got impatient. Regardless, here's how another one of his miracles unfolds.
When I decided to spend a year in Turkey, I didn't know that we even have a church or anyone who knows much about it for that matter. Then God allows me to stumble upon a letter about the Turkish church on Disciples Today. The church has 17 disciples and is begging other disciples around the world to help evangelize one of the hardest countries in the world for Christianity to penetrate. The letter entails an account of 3 sisters from the West region of the LA church who went there on a vacation to help share their faith on a college campus. As time passed, I was able to get in touch with Kristen Gergis, one of the 3 sisters. Our talks were encouraging. She's also planning to spend a year or more in Turkey to possibly teach English and get her masters around the same time that I'll be there in 2007!!! Not only that, I've discovered another sister, Adrain from Kansas, who also wants to do the same thing around the same time, as if God were eavesdropping on our prayers and orchestrating our hearts...Needless to say, we may have a mission team to Turkey after all in 2007. Please pray for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home